From Ride Engine
The technology evolution for kites, wings, and boards has rapidly improved to enhance your experience on the water. However, perhaps the most critical component required to get on the water -the pump- has remained unchanged since the days of flip phones. Not anymore. Gone are the times of struggling with manual pumping, thanks to the Air Box: Ride Engine's rechargeable electric pump. Engineered alongside a top electric pump manufacturer, the Air Box has a powerful two-stage system that automatically switches from low-pressure, high-volume pumping to high-pressure, low-volume delivering the fastest inflation possible.
Eliminate the worry of over or under inflating your gear when you set your desired air pressure on the Air Box. The smart inflation technology has real-time pressure monitoring, ensuring an automatic shut-off once the pump reaches the selected pressure. Powered by a lithium-ion battery cell, it can inflate four to six kites or wings, and three SUPs on a single charge.
Why you need it:
- The Air Box delivers game-changing technology with unprecedented convenience and benefit to the world of inflation. This compact rechargeable pump boasts an innovative design that offers precise inflation pressure without extra effort.
Technology That You Get
- Advanced two-stage inflation system that automatically switches from high-volume, low-pressure to low-volume, high-pressure for fast, precise, effortless, auto-stop inflation. Lithium-ion battery technology, shock proof casing, and adapters in an easy to transport and store compact package.
- Leave your subpar, imprecise, and awkward manual pump behind and upgrade to the Air Box, a revolutionary solution that harnesses technology to provide a precise and effortless inflation experience. With more time and energy, you can enjoy your time on the water to the fullest even if you have to find an alternative pre-session warm up.
- 6 to 9 Kite or Wing Inflation Capacity
- The Air Box delivers impressive performance, typically providing enough power for 6 to 9 kite inflations and 2 to 3 SUP inflations on average.
- Auto Pressure Stop Two-Stage Inflation
- Achieving worry-free, high pressure, set-and-forget inflation has never been easier thanks to our advanced 2-stage inflation system. With precise pressure regulation, you can be confident that you'll always have the right PSI/Bar for optimal equipment performance.
- Compact Size
- Weighing in at just 1.4kg and featuring compact dimensions, the Air Box occupies minimal space and is effortlessly manageable, whether you're stowing it in your vehicle or carrying it to the beach.
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery
- Reliable lithium-ion battery power that can recharge from 0% to 100% in 1.5 to 2 hours (actual time may vary depending on the charger plug rating).
- Shock Resistant Impact Sleeve
- The shock-resistant sleeve surrounding the Air Box offers protection against unexpected drops, bumps, and impacts typically encountered during kiteboarding, wing foiling, and SUP setup.
- Proprietary Nozzle Set
- A proprietary and unique nozzle kit that can inflate any leading brand of kite, wing, or SUP straight out of the box.
- USB-C and 12volt Charging Ports
- Enjoy worry-free charging with the universal USB-C capability, no matter where you are or where you're headed. Additionally, a 12V vehicle connection charging cord is included for your convenience.
- Digital Display
- Easy to read, intuitive digital display.
Dimensions and Power:
- 162mm x 162mm x 85mm
- 11.1V 4000mAh 44.4Wh
- Air Box
- Hose (3')
- 4 Nozzles
- USB-C Charging Cable
- 12V Car Charger
- What is the typical charging time for the Air Box?
- The charging duration varies depending on the socket adaptor used, ranging from 2 to 6 hours. For optimal charging performance, we recommend using a 30w adaptor and a USB-C double-ended cable. It's important to note that using a USB-C to USB-A cable may extend the charging time.
- Can the Air Box be overcharged?
- No, it cannot. The intelligent battery design ensures that the device stops accepting a charge once it reaches full capacity. However, we advise against leaving the Air Box plugged in for more than 24 hours.
- Is it possible to partially charge the batteries and still use the Air Box?
- Yes, you can partially charge the Air Box in situations where the pump runs out of power, or you forget to charge it after the batteries have been depleted. This partial charge will allow you to inflate your sports equipment without harming the batteries.
- How long can the Air Box be stored without recharging or damaging the batteries?
- The Air Box can retain its charge for up to 12 months with minimal depletion and no adverse effects on the batteries. However, as a best practice, we recommend recharging the Air Box every 6 to 8 months.
- Can temperature affect battery performance?
- The Air Box can operate in extremely cold conditions, but it's important to note that cold temperatures can reduce battery life. It is advisable to protect the Air Box from cold exposure when it is not in use as a best practice.
- Is it possible to bring the Air Box onto an airplane?
- Yes, you can, but it must be placed in your carry-on baggage, in compliance with international regulations regarding lithium-ion batteries.
- How many kites, wings, or SUPs can the Air Box inflate on a single charge?
- On average, the Air Box can inflate 6 to 8 kites, based on a 9m kite size, 6 to 8 wings, based on a 5m wing size, and 2 to 4 SUPs, depending on the dimensions of the inflatable SUP or wing board.
- Is the Air Box waterproof?
- No, it is not. While the protective shock sleeve offers some resistance to moisture, the Air Box is not designed to be waterproof.
- Is it possible for sand to enter the intake?
- Yes, it is possible. However, following the best practice of positioning the intake in the downwind direction or placing it on top of your sports equipment can help prevent sand or debris from entering the intake port.